Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Baked Penne with Roasted Vegetables

So last night I decided to use some of our leftovers from the 4th for a new dish. I went for the roasted vegetables that our good friend Ryan was so gracious to leave us with. Ryan is an amazing cook, so when he told me that the roasted vegetables would work great in a pasta dish, despite my reluctance I took his word for it. If you know me well then you know that I am a fairly picky eater (I am getting better though) and that I am not a big fan of mixing foods together. However, I took Ryan's culinary advice and scoured the internet for such a recipe. Much to my surprise as soon as I typed in pasta with roasted vegetables my all time fav. Giada De Laurentiis popped up with her Baked Penne with Roasted Vegetables recipe. I love Giada so I knew this was going to be a great dish! It was so easy and full of flavor! Micah and I both loved the extra pizzazz the vegetables added to the otherwise plain (but awesome) Marinara sauce and Penne pasta. Plus...veggies are healthy for you! (duh! right?) So why not give it a try?


If you want to check out the recipe, click on the link above. These are just some quick shots of the process...I got to skip the first part of the recipe because Ryan did the prep work on the veggies. You can also add more vegetables if you would like--we actually had red potatoes and carrots in the mix (which was not in the recipe) and it still tasted amazing!




I also used Traditional Prego for the Marinara

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment